Privacy of Information
Continental Currency Exchange is committed to respecting the personal privacy of individuals and entities who visit our branches and website.
In accordance with the law, Continental Currency Exchange may be required to collect certain information from a client during the course of a transaction.
- What Information is Required? As part of regulatory obligations Continental reserves the right to request identification for any transaction regardless of the type of transaction or specific amount. Continental may collect some or all of the following personal information: Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address, Date of Birth, Occupation Title and Employer, as well as Identification Reference Number and Issue and Expiry Date. Continental Currency retains the right to request and collect identity verification including passports, driver's licenses and identity cards. When clients negotiate certain types of transactions Continental Currency Exchange may also be required to collect information about any third parties on which the transaction is being processed on behalf of, source of funds and the intended use or intended purpose of the transaction. Additionally Continental Currency Exchange may also be required to collect financial information such as bank account details and account numbers and beneficiary names in order to process certain transactions. As part of doing business Continental is required to keep information regarding the form of payment made i.e. credit card, debit card, electronic transfer, negotiated bank draft or cash payment. The privacy of your personal information is important and Continental Currency Exchange will only request information necessary to comply with government legislation; and company policy and procedures.
- What is needed to do Transactions on behalf of an Entity? If an entity would like to process a transaction with Continental Currency Exchange we will collect certain information about the entity including; the organization name and address, principle type of business, the products and services required, the entities beneficial ownership information, as well as copies of certain supporting entity documentation.
- How long is Information Retained? Information will be retained only for the period of time required to comply with applicable laws, including retaining information after a request of deletion; to comply with anti-money laundering regulations.
- Consent to Disclosure: Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure Continental Currency Exchange may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information, or where we have reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information. The collection, use, retention and disclosure of your personal information are governed by laws and policies to ensure that your information is secure and treated with the utmost care and respect. Continental will not sell or rent information about you to other parties.
Terms and Conditions of Website Use
- All products and services referred to on Continental Currency Exchange's website are subject to the terms and application agreements governing their use. The products and services at Continental are available within Canada alone. This site does not offer nor constitute solicitation, nor is the site authorized to persons to whom preform such solicitation.
- Copyright: Information on this site including but not limited to: text, graphics, images, downloaded content, and links to resources are protected under the Canadian copyright laws. The site may not be displayed, distributed, reproduced, published, or copied in any form or manner without written consent, in advance, from Continental Currency Exchange.
- No liability for use of site: Continental Currency Exchange will not be liable for any damages, losses or expenses, (including direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages) incurred from an inability to operate or use the site information, omission, error, delay, computer virus, system failure, loss of data or otherwise.
- Non-Identifiable Information Automatically Collected. As is typical of many websites, our website automatically collects certain non-identifiable information such as the internet protocol (IP) address of your computer.
- Links to Other Websites This website may contain links to third-party websites or other internet resources. When visiting one of these links you are contacting another website. Continental Currency Exchange provides these links only as a service and convenience to our visitors. We are not responsible for the accuracy or appropriateness of the information contained on such sites and take no responsibility for their content. Any links to third-party sites should not be construed to imply that the site is affiliated or associated with Continental. No partnership or company relationship is created or implied as a result of reference to another company or organization on our website. Linked websites may be subject to different privacy policies, and therefore it is your responsibility to inform yourself with their terms. Continental disclaims all liability with regard to your access to linked websites, when visiting linked sites you do so at your own risk.
- Disclaimer Although we strive to ensure our website content is current and accurate, errors may occur. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the accuracy and completeness of the information provided. Users should verify all information before acting on it.
- Safeguarding Your Information Continental has thorough and comprehensive security safeguards and standards in place to protect our systems and your information against unauthorized access and use. Continental regularly conducts security audits to ensure no breaches have occurred.