Keep Your Money Secure at Home and Abroad
OneCard is safe and secure to use, incorporating state of the art security features to protect you and your money. Check out the list below for all of the ways OneCard keeps your money safe:
- Chip, PIN, and Mag-Stripe Technology*
- 3-Digit Security Code
- Signature Verification on Card Back
- 3-Tier Authentication Process (PIN Code / Phone Password / OneCard Website and App Password)
- 2-Step Verification (Add a New Device, Receive a Text, Click to Verify)
- Optional Anonymity
Change or Reset Your PIN
You can change your PIN directly in the OneCard by Continental™ mobile app. Just navigate to ‘My Profile’ and follow the instructions from there. You can also call our helpline at 1-844-438-3939. After confirming your OneCard security details, a Customer Service Representative will talk you through the steps for changing your PIN. An ATM/POS will not update your PIN until a transaction has been completed, so after changing your PIN you’ll still need to enter your old PIN in the next transaction. After that your new PIN will activate!
Lock Your Card
OneCard possesses one additional feature that truly makes it the ideal travel companion wherever you are in the world. If your card is lost or stolen, you can access the app or website or call Customer Support and instantly lock your card. The funds on your OneCard are then frozen and cannot be spent until you have unlocked it again.
What’s so great about this?
- Avoid the fuss of ordering a new card if you find yours again
- Log-on to the app / online portal, unlock your card and it’s business as usual
- If your card is lost forever, it’s another easy step to cancel the card completely
- Order another card
- Or close your account and receive your money back at your local branch
Travel Safe with OneCard
OneCard is not a complete replacement for cash, but having one with you on your next trip will enable you to carry far less cash than you otherwise would. That means less worry if you fall victim to thieves and pickpockets.
On top of this, while OneCard performs many of the same functions as a debit/credit card, it is not connected to your bank account or credit score. This means that your savings and credit score are secure. One more way Canada’s Multi-Currency Card™ brings you peace of mind.
*In order to keep your money safe in the event your card falls into the wrong hands, OneCard does not currently enable the Tap function.