Experienced Computer Programmer and Interactive Media Developer
• Continental Currency Exchange – Fairview Park Mall, 2960 Kingsway Drive, Unit G003, Kitchener, Ontario N2C 1X1
Continental Currency Exchange, an established MSB in the FX Payment market is seeking a talented and experienced Computer Programmer and Interactive Media Developer to join their expanding development team. The successful candidate will be working in an agile development environment and will develop and maintain the company’s core software products (web application). If you feel you qualify Continental is interested in talking to you.
Continental’s focus is building a scalable forex retail web applications to fulfill business needs. Being a small team allows our developers to make key decisions and take ownership over their projects. We encourage collaboration with our developers across all projects and a typical day can include project planning, architectural discussion and pair coding.
Skills and Requirements
• Working knowledge of both Dbase 3&4
• Good sense of design aesthetic and what makes a fantastic user experience
• Strong debugging and problem solving skills
• Disciplined approach to development, testing and quality assurance
• Outstanding work ethic and drive
• Good communication and teamwork
• Responsive design and development
• Willingness to learn and utilize emerging technologies
• Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and prototyping software is desirable
• An excellent understanding of software development concepts including object orientation, unit testing, defect tracking, source control, agile development
• Familiar with the Visual Studio development environment
Experience of Programmer/Developer
• Foreign exchange and payments software development
• IIS, data integration development, MY SQL, Server or MS SQLServer, RDBMS, Developer (MY SQL), database backup strategies, mobile development, CMS
• Social Media Integration/API (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
A Bachelor’s degree in computing/mathematics/engineering or equivalent/commercial experience in I.T.
• Able to work well as an individual and as part of a team
• Keen to progress a career in software development
• Able to self-manage and self-motivate
• Has an eye for detail and a desire to write quality software
• Program, test and debug all web applications.
• Design, develop, test and deploy web applications.
• Code pages, files, test, debug and deploy.
• Develop appropriate code structures to solve specific tasks.
• Coordinate with other designers and programmers to develop web projects.
• Collaborate with staff and teams to develop, format and deploy content.
• Assist and support in the upkeep and maintenance of web sites.
• Research and propose software programs that are compatible to the future technologies.
• Initiate periodic testing and implement contingency plans in case of systems failure.
• Prepare and coordinate intranet web updates and intranet website changes.
• Fix bugs, troubleshoot and resolve problems.
• Assume ownership of code throughout development, staging, testing and production.
Salary and Hours
• This is a permanent full time position consisting of minimum 8 hour work day, 40 hours per week
• Salary $36.00 per hour
As of January 2016 Continental is proud to offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Dental Coverage
- Healthcare Coverage
- Eyecare Coverage
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
Join the Continental Team!